King of Pop 5 Years Gone!
by Manny Santos
The King of Pop died 5 years ago this month, here are 5 things you didn’t know!
Things have been just as turbulent in the death of Michael Jackson as it was during the life of the pop icon. June 25th will mark the 5 year anniversary of the passing of one of music’s most celebrated artist. Since then we have learned so many things about the man include financial issues that were a strain on him, criminal charges that nearly killed him, and failing health were key in the life and death of Michael Jackson.
Here are the 5 things that we have learned about Michael Jackson since his passing:
5. Michael Jackson was broke! How is it possible that a man who generated $1 Billion dollars in his lifetime be a billion dollars in debt at the time of his death? Reckless spending, In a new book titled “Remember the Time: Protecting Michael Jackson in His Final Days,” written by the King of Pop’s former staffers Javon Beard and Bill Whitfield. They detail of wild spending sprees, and vacations while at the same time have credit cards declined and not paying his employees on time. Now that the King has passed on the money is just being stacked away in the vaults of the Estate left to his Mother and Children.
4. Michael Jackson is still a major player in music: In March,2010 the Michael Jackson estate announced a 7 year 250 million dollar contract which among other things promised the release of new material. We saw a week start with the first posthumous album ‘Michael’ and in the last few weeks we have seen the 2nd Posthumous release go to #1 in more than 50 countries,#2 in the United States and even bring about the Michael Jackson hologram. Artist such as Justin Timberlake and Usher have lent a hand in the polishing up of some of Jacksons unfinished tracks.
3. Not even death can vindicate the King: No matter what there are still those awful allegations. Unfortunately there are still those out there who believe Michael Jackson to be a pedophile, a sexual deviant who victimized children by trapping them in his own theme park of manipulation. The New York Daily News as early as April of 2014 reports of a man who claimed Jackson molestation. One year ago we heard similar stories when famed choreographer wade Robson accused Jackson of abuse even after he said in open court in 2005 that nothing of the sort ever happened. The trial nearly killed him in 2005 and quite honestly did everything but prove Michael Jackson guilty of any improper contact with children.
2. Michael Jackson was sick: If you were not aware Michael looked a little different? What you may have not known or believed is that Michael Jackson suffered from vitiligo. A serious skin condition that effects African Americans by taking away the pigment or color of their skin. That’s not all, Michael Jackson suffered from neurological issues stemming from a burn while filming a commercial for Pepsi, he had lupus which swelled his lungs and organs, and he had a back ailment from to incident that occurred while performing on stage. The you can throw the anti-depressants, and skin cancer into the mix and you find out that Jackson was heavily medicated, due to being sick. At the end of his life when asked why he signed on to do 50 concerts he said “I am still young enough to do it and my children are old enough to see me do it”.
1. Michael and romance: In a new book titled “Remember the Time” released this summer written by Michael Jacksons former body guards they claim something that most never really could believe. They claim Jackson not only had 1 but 2 love interest. They detail of the excitement that would rush over their former boss when either “Friend” or his favorite lady “Flower” would come into town. They talk over lavish shopping sprees, and late night trips to hotels after his kids fallen asleep. Apparently the King of Pop was the King of Romance as well.
Music Deal http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/16/arts/music/16jackson.html?_r=0
New Music http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00070854.html